Five YouTube channels every physics teacher and student should know

Visual content to engage your students online

"This instrument can teach, it can illuminate; yes, and even it can inspire. But it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it to those ends. Otherwise, it's nothing but wires and lights in a box."
-Edward R. Murrow

At the point when Murrow talked those words 55 years back, he was alluding to the instrument of TV. Be that as it may, today, one can perceive how the notion applies to the Internet, and particularly, to TV's successor, YouTube.

Associations like TED and Khan Academy are pushing instruction even more remote into the 21st century with online address arrangement and intelligent lessons.

In any case, YouTube has its own stable of instructive channels, each with many recordings, simply waiting to take your breath away. The general population behind these recordings are making enormous inquiries about the universe — or doing their best to answer your all-consuming questions. In the domains of science, math, history, law and any number of subjects you rested through in school, innovative virtuosos are capitalizing on the medium.

This article enlists five YouTube channels that you, as a teacher, might find very useful as a source of visual content to display in your classroom for your students.

1. Ben Ryder: "I'm Director of Innovative Learning at Trinity Grammar School, in Kew, Melbourne, Australia. I was formerly Head of Physics and Head of Digital Education in one of the UK's leading independent schools. I publish videos about physics for VCE, iGCSE, A-level and IB, as well as technology, teaching and ICT tips."

https://www.youtube.com/user/benaryder

2. Flipping Physics: "Real physics education. Learn with Billy, Bobby and Bo. New videos every Sunday by 5 PM EST. Currently working my way through the AP Physics 1 curriculum."

www.youtube.com/user/flippingphysics

3. DrPhysicsA: "This YouTube channel contains a series of Physics videos which are intended to give a basic introduction to the subjects covered. They explain the essence of the subject in as simple a way as possible. They assume basic knowledge of algebra and calculus and some general physics."

www.youtube.com/user/DrPhysicsA/featured

4. Physics Girl: "Physics videos for every atom and eve."

www.youtube.com/user/physicswoman

5. MinutePhysics: "Simply put: cool physics and other sweet science."

www.youtube.com/user/minutephysics

Do you use a YouTube channel to assist with your teaching? Comment below to share it with other teachers in your Community.