Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

Blog > Education News > Mindfulness takeaways from Cyprus

Mindfulness takeaways from Cyprus

This year’s Summer ‘Forum’ for teachers in Cyprus has been another success!

10 Jul 2019
Written by Adam Scott
Education News
I did warn my team at Pearson that despite slow registration uptake, Cyprus' dedicated teachers would show up on the day of the event. How I do enjoy a good 'I told you so!’ - but what I should actually say is… thank you very much to all schools in Cyprus for your participation and enthusiasm. 

Indeed, the hot topic of mindfulness in schools and Ashley Lodge, our own mindfulness guru, kept a packed room of 50 teachers and school leaders completely engaged for the whole morning last Thursday 27th June in Cyprus.  

“The workshop was succinct, practical, easy to follow and thoroughly enjoyable”, “Very effective and clearly explained”, “It was a fantastic presentation”, “Ashley was a great speaker - interesting and eloquent”, “Well-timed at the end of a busy academic year - highly relevant, thank you” 

During the two one-hour presentations Ashley shared his honest and personal account of what drew him into mindfulness, through explanations of what it is and how it can benefit schools, to the very practical tools and exercises he helped us understand how to be more mindful during our working days. 

I was glad to see that after the session finished, no-one was in a hurry to leave; as if in a book signing event, the queue of people wanting to talk with Ashley afterwards just proved how he is a first class presenter!

If you are interested in further mindfulness workshops, or other possible courses for your school, please contact us.

Thank you again to all attendees for your time, I knew I could count on you…(even with the last minute confirmations). Be sure to keep me informed of your success in implementing mindfulness at school. 

Enjoy your well deserved summer break!

Adam Scott is a Regional Development Manager in Pearson, covering the areas of Cyprus, Greece & Malta.

Photo

To view this photo gallery

Similar stories

Mindfulness and exam stress - webinar recording

Log in to Pearson International Schools Community to view and download the webinar recording and access resources. More...

A guide to bullying at school for teachers

In this informative article, Varinder Unlu takes a closer look at bullying. She'll examine the different types of bullyi… More...

Where can Computing take students, and why should they study it?

An often-quoted statistic says that 65% of children leaving primary school will do a job that doesn’t exist yet. How c… More...

How do we demystify the computing curriculum?

The English National Curriculum (2014) put emphasis on computing, computer science and traditional ICT skills. How can t… More...

How can we encourage more women and girls to pursue STEM careers?

Tackling unconscious bias and building resilience in girls, to help them succeed in Science, Technology, Engineering and… More...

Most read

Metacognition: Why we should all care

Oliver Omotto shares his reflections and best practice in developing metacognitive practices and strategies to promote h… More...

How global citizenship can help future leaders progress

Pearson's International GCSE Global Citizenship course offers an additional humanities pathway for middle-school learner… More...

Mindfulness and exam stress - webinar recording

Log in to Pearson International Schools Community to view and download the webinar recording and access resources. More...

Teaching around the world: Principal Ciarán Cunningham-Watson shares his experiences

We talk to Ciarán Cunningham-Watson, Principal of Belvedere British School, Abu Dhabi, about what he’s learned from h… More...

This website is powered by
ToucanTech